Digital Community Grants
Digital exclusion affects nearly 2 million households in the UK and Doncaster is no exception. To help improve people’s access to the internet, we are offering not for profit, third sector, voluntary, community groups and organisations like yours, the opportunity to apply for our connectivity grant and help you ‘get online’.
We are offering Grants of up to £500 to get your group/space/premises “online”, the grant can be spent on broadband or a portable ‘mifi’ device (more information into the range and capabilities of these devices is available).
In addition to getting connected, any unused award can be used towards the purchase of a device (Tablet or Laptop), to support people attending your group/session/premise to gain access to the internet.
Who can apply?
Anyone who can demonstrate that their organisation doesn’t currently have an internet connection but would benefit from getting online is encouraged to apply.
How do I apply?
We have made the application process simple but if you do require help please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Please read the eligibility criteria and conditions of funding below
Step 2: Fill in this online form Click here
Step 2: Email a copy of your organisation’s Bank Statement to email@example.com (minimum 6 months old) including your sort code and account name and number.
This fund will remain open until such time as all available funding has been allocated. It may take up 2 weeks to be notified of the outcome of your application.
To be eligible to apply and receive this funding your group must fit the following criteria:
- Be a not for profit, third sector, voluntary or community group or organisation.
- Have a bank or building society account in the name of the organisation not individual
- Have a governing document that has a minimum of name, aim and membership.
- Have evidence of community involvement in their application.
- Have no existing internet connection in place
Conditions of funding
- Activities directly benefit Doncaster residents or communities.
- Only one application will be accepted in a year
- You help us in capturing stories, help us by distributing the “how connected are you survey” and share how this grant has had a positive impact on the people you are supporting and the wider community.
Scope of the Fund
We are particularly interested in:
- Helping vulnerable people with basic needs including responding to the cost of living crisis (online)
- Addressing social and health inequalities
- Alleviating service pressures
- Strengthening existing community services and support
- Helping people remain safe online when providing community services
- Support to access digital services
- Delivering education and training for VCFS groups
- Delivering unconscious Bias And Equality And Diversity Training
- Activities which raise awareness around mental health within the community.
- IT equipment and connectivity for digital delivery e.g., Befriending, mental health support, counselling, diversionary/healthy living activities.
- Supporting and encouraging people to apply for the support they need and may be eligible for.
- Creating virtual support networks.
- Keep a record of the different types of engagement activities that you have used this grant to support.
- Provide evidence of equipment purchased and internet connectivity costs to Voluntary Action Doncaster upon request.
- Provide evidence that the people attending your group/space would benefit from having access to an internet connection.
- You have checked permission/lease criteria of building owners to get this premises connected.
To submit an application click here