Voluntary Action Doncaster are committed to keeping you informed and up to date with the latest information and we have a series of links and resources below that have been collated by for us to share locally.
We will be keeping this website: www.voluntaryactiondoncaster.org.uk updated with information as it becomes available.
There is also a dedicated page on Coronavirus for Doncaster on FaceBook: www.facebook.com/CovidDoncaster – please like and follow this page for accurate local information
Voluntary Action Doncaster know that it is important that we provide the public, staff and volunteers, as well as the wider Voluntary, Community and Faith Sector with up-to-date and accurate information about coronavirus.
There’s a growing number of resources available online, but we need to ensure what we share is relevant and comes from reputable sources.
The most important information you can share
- The latest updates: The Government website has information about how to protect yourself and others, steps communities should be taking, and updates on coronavirus cases in the UK.
- The latest medical advice:The NHS explains the symptoms of coronavirus, how to avoid catching and spreading it, and advice for people at high risk.
- Guidance on social distancing:The Government states what steps need to be taken when it comes to social distancing, particularly for vulnerable people.
- Campaign materials:Public Health England has a number of resources, such as leaflets, posters, and guides.
1. Public advice and information
- What is the difference between self-isolation and social distancing?(British Lung Foundation)
- Information for pregnant women(Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists)
- Information for deaf people or those hard of hearing(Sign Health)
- Looking after your mental health during an outbreak(WHO)
- Support for people experiencing homelessness(Groundswell)
- Guidance for carers(Carers UK)
2. Information for staff and volunteers
- Guidance on who is a key worker and educational provision(Government)
- New online service providing proof of coronavirus absense from work(NHS Digital)
- How to access financial support if you or your business is affected(Government)
- Supporting yourself and your team’s wellbeing(Mind)
- Tips for managing a team remotely(The Hub Events)
- Guidance for the charity sector(Government)
- Your organisation: Information on sick leave, AGMs/board meetings, contingency planning, and financial implications(NCVO)
3. Resources from the wider health and social care sector
- How should health and care systems change discharge arrangements?(Government)
- What can patients expect from their doctors?(General Medical Council)
- Supporting planning and organisation of adult social care(Government)
We will be continuing to share this information and the links through all of our communications channels.
Please remember to maintain social distancing
be careful, be responsible, be safe
Information and Advice for Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Organisations on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This briefing outlines key information and advice for managers in relation to Novel Coronavirus. It includes some setting specific guidance and useful tips for stopping the spread of any infections such as common coughs and colds.
If you need any further information not outlined in this briefing, contact PHEnquiries@doncaster.gov.uk who will signpost your query to the relevant member of staff or team.
Updated 17 March 2020
You can download this briefing paper here: COVID-19 VCSE Briefing 2