What funders are doing during COVID-19:
A reminder that over 200 funders have signed a pledge to support charities they fund flexibly. They recognise activities may change, targets and deadlines may be missed, and funds may need to be used differently. They promise to be reasonable. We recommend you contact your funding officer to let them know what you need to do, at a time that is right for you. You can read more here.
Some specific funder information:
- National Lottery Community Fund: Funding appears to currently be prioritising projects which support those adversely impacted by COVID-19, but there are multiple funding programmes available. You can find more information about funding during COVID-19 here.
- Garfield Weston Foundation: Fast tracking decision making and reordering applications to focus on activities providing immediate COVID-19 relief, read the latest guidance here. Their regular funding programmes are also open to applications.
- Henry Smith Charity: continuing to assess applications and awarding new grants.
- Trusthouse Charitable Foundation: Small Grants programme has now reopened with a focus on community support and our Major Grants programme has reopened with a focus on family support. They will no longer fund capital projects. You can find more information about the grants available here.
- Arts Council: the Culture Recovery Fund is currently closed, but they still have their National Lottery Project Grant, which supports thousands of individual artists, community and cultural organisations. Until 31 August 2021, the fund will focus on the needs of smaller independent organisations and individual practitioners. You can read more about this here.
- Sport England: Multiple grants available including specific COVID-19 related funding. Find out more about the funding options they have available here.
- Charities Aid Foundation: Their CAF Resilience Fund is now closed to applications, but they have a great resource with other COVID-19 related funding options here.
- Leathersellers: fast track application process for small grants of £3,000. Targeting work which supports the homeless, victims of domestic violence, food and essential supplies and nursing care of vulnerable patients.
- Standard Life Foundation: funding available for work directly addressing specific challenges such as financial problems for those on low-to-middle incomes in the UK. Grants will range from £10,000 to £200k. Their next funding deadline is 3rd June 2021 at 1PM.