Welcome Spaces Grant
The Welcome Spaces Grant aims to enhance and develop an organisation’s space further to its current use so that residents can access support, connect with others and enjoy a safe and warm place throughout winter without judgement.
We are interested in applications that consider the following:
- Activities for attendees
- Food and/or refreshments
- Information, advice and guidance
- Other support during winter and/or the cost-of-living crisis
Applications will need to outline how their project encompasses the Welcome Spaces Values:
- Everyone receives a warm welcome
- Everyone is treated equally, with dignity and respect
- Everyone feels safe
- Everyone has a confidential listening ear if they want one
Please note that Welcome Spaces funding must be for new projects and existing provision cannot be funded.
Applications up to £2,000 can be submitted until the 31st March 2024, or until the funding has been devolved.
The distribution of this funding will be managed by the Social Isolation Alliance. A panel, consisting of representatives from the VCFS sector and the Local Authority, will adjudicate each application. The panel will meet fortnightly to assess the bids submitted and to agree awards. Payments will be processed promptly to allow work to be started quickly. This fund will remain open until funding has been allocated.
To be eligible to apply for and receive funding your group must fit the following criteria:
- Be a not for profit, third sector, voluntary or community group.
- Be connected with or meet the needs of Doncaster communities.
- Have a bank or building society account where at least two signatories are required to draw funds.
- Have a governing document that has a minimum of name, aim and membership.
- Meet due diligence requirements especially around safeguarding.
- Have evidence of community involvement in their application.
Examples of what we do not fund:
- Building refurbishment work.
- Project costs that have already been incurred (retrospective funding).
- Political and religious activity, although political and religious groups may apply for funding for community activities.
- Activities outside of the Borough of Doncaster.
- Endowments/loan repayments.
- Energy costs
- Existing provision
Up to £2,000
A condition of funding, and in addition to the reporting requirements, we would ask you to help us in capturing stories, experiences, and conversations about your projects and how they have impacted the people you are supporting and the wider community.
Applications for Welcome Spaces will also be considered from organisations that have been in receipt of VCFS Grant funding. If you have been successful in receiving Grant funding from the Social Isolation Alliance and would like to submit a Welcome Spaces application, previous/ongoing project performance will be considered at panel.
The panel will review the submitted information on a case-by-case basis.
To discuss anything further, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Information outlining supporting documents that needs to be submitted as well as the reporting requirements for the grant can be found on the Application form. Organisations that do not have audited financial accounts can complete the Balance sheet and Income Statement
If you have any enquiries, or require support with your application please contact the Well Doncaster officer for your area or the Social Isolation Alliance directly:
Kelly Watson | Kelly.Watson@doncaster.gov.
Lisa Wharton | Lisa.Wharton@doncaster.gov.
Kerry Hughes | Kerry.Hughes@doncaster.gov.
Naomi Guthrie| Naomi.Guthrie@
Andrew Cunningham | Andrew.Cunningham@doncaster.
Georgia Snape | Georgia.Snape@
Nicola Moran | Nic.Moran@doncaster.
Social Isolation Alliance
Please remember to maintain social distancing
be careful, be responsible, be safe