Welcome to Voluntary Action Doncaster
COVID-19 Volunteer Vaccination Marshalls Needed!
It is fantastic news that we have commenced the roll-out of the COVID-19 vaccination programme in Primary Care across Doncaster. As this is the largest vaccination programme ever embarked on in Doncaster we are asking for as much support as possible, from volunteers, to support marshalling the five vaccination sites across Doncaster. There will be an ongoing demand for support throughout the vaccination rollout.
The marshalling support will involve the following duties;
● Greeting and directing those people being vaccinated to the correct place within the venue
● Taking temperatures/asking questions regarding symptoms
● Informing attendees about COVID safety measures
● Maintaining flow and social distancing
● Observing people for 15 minutes post vaccination
● Support to anyone requiring additional assistance e.g. mobility issues
● Providing general support to staff working at the site
As a Vaccination Marshal Volunteer, you will not be asked to provide medical assistance, advice or personal care to patients.
The role will be an active one and volunteers will need to be mobile/on their feet for the duration of the session. This role is open to those aged 16 and over.
The rotas are subject to change according to the availability of the vaccine and this can be at short notice. Typically, a session will be from 8am to 2pm and 2pm to 8pm daily. Volunteers will be required to attend a briefing on arrival at site and therefore must arrive 15 minutes prior to the session start time. It may also be necessary to stay on-site for a debrief/handover at the end of each session. It is vital that you have photo ID with you. Please wear your own mask if you are able to, but personal protective equipment will be provided by the site.
Anyone who is able to help out should complete this short form (you can specify in the comment box that you would like to support the vaccination programme) and we will be in touch with further details and to facilitate your placement on the rota. You will receive at least one email per week – usually on a Friday – showing the shifts available for the following week for you to book on to.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help to stop Coronavirus spreading
To protect yourself and others, when you leave home you must:
- wash hands – keep washing your hands regularly
- cover face – wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in enclosed spaces
- make space – stay 2 metres away from people not in your household (or at least 1 metre with extra precautions such as a face covering)
If you are feeling unwell, get a test and do not leave home for at least 10 days.
For more information, the government have published the new national guidelines and restrictions outlining what you can and can’t do. You might also be interested in the information produced by Doncaster CCG on Shielding and Support.
Please volunteer to support the approved UK coronavirus vaccine studies. Researchers particularly welcome people from all parts of society, especially those who are more likely to benefit from a vaccine, including the over 65s, frontline health and social care workers, and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds.